South Africa is an interesting one. Somewhat out of the media eye and left to its own devices. This article focuses on an interesting set of propaganda.
For our study today id like to present you with a video from an interesting company based in South Africa, a strangely diversified news/service/technical/data/support outlet called "synthesis" - from the thesis, antithesis synthesis argument al la Hegelian dialectic which in itself is a name that should make one a bit weary in knowing you are dealign with someone who understands, at least that aspect of the narrative control.
Specifically this video
TLDR; This so-called "expert," Dr Anton Meyberg does not refer to any solid evidence that a "Delta variant" is prevalent across South Africa. At time stamp 11.09 he actually admits they are "assuming" the variant they (supposedly) discovered via genome-sequencing in KZN is the same in Gauteng. If a PCR swab was used, as he explains, which Number cycle threshold was applied for that PCR test? Over 30, is not accurate, and gives false positives. That is a fact stated by many respected scientists. Then, how did you test swabs in other provinces, to have determined that all those people - who are supposedly positive - now have a new "Delta variant"? Lastly, has anyone been reporting which number of these "positive" (and sick/ or dead) people were vaccinated, to see whether that could have contributed to their symptoms?
The video starts off and presents you with a dialogue between two rational looking people.
Pay attention however, to their their demeanor and the way they fill the gaps with little tidbits of knowledge that are incidental but very revealing. These are not men struggling with the weight of knowledge these are men reciting propaganda to you and going for those goodly golden-click-throughs.
- Begins with a review of the "Cases" cases are not a valid metric thanks to asymptomatic cases its a meaningless keyword used to induce panic in the populace
- Mentions India and how bad the problem is reported to be, talks about that and neglects to mention that they are 1.5BILLION people... so.. yeah proportions are a thing.
- Ask yourself why is he even doing this recount and review? its quite clearly intended to add weight to his words and put the fear of the numbers into you "ooo ooo be afraid, I'm reading numbers"
- Dr "mentions" he had taken some time for RnR "Thank god".. rofl.. but his parter is taking the brunt of it,.. ahuh.. my slimy backed used-car salesman look. I'm sure your partner is taking the "brunt of it"
- All through this recitation the good doctor neglects to mention that this case count is since 2019...
- "Test positivity"... once again testing and getting a positive in a person that is not sick means nothing.. absolutely nothing...
- Case in point 1 or 3 people are TESTING positive.. and yet.. somehow.. there are no dead bodies in the streets... I wonder what the PCR CT was? bet it was more than 28. "trust me bruv, its a warzone"
- Sorry but once again a) is this the truth? b) patient.. ok diagnosed with? symptoms? the tests are failing quite often? 1/3 people tested implies "yes" bloody yes.. because thats WAY more than in Europe d) the details are pretty light with this guy.
- oh the situation it's comparable to Italy? oh really? and where is he getting that comparison from? does not site sources. Nevermind that Italy was 90% elderly and in Lombardy where the age demographic is highly veered in that direction
- Ventilators??? He's recommending mechanical ventilation (dewed is out of his f*cking mind) meanwhile, the rest of the world now recommends NOT using ventilators as it has a 85% increase in mortality... take a hit.. or maybe he didn't get the memo
- oh ok.. so they have enough oxygen "oh thank god" you planned for it.. .ahuh..
- Ah yes.. staff..... and the lack the trained professionals... yep like i said.. the transfers of patients are happening because of a lack of staff (between 1/3 nurse per bed is required).. but, I wonder where the staff are; it couldnt have anything to do with the decline in healthcare workers in SA for the last 2 decades could it?
- 60 to 80 people are waiiiiiiiitng in chairs for gov hospitals sounds terrible right; well in 2017.. there were around ±255 patients per day (in sa clinics) with quite long wait times.. The good dr doesn't say how long they are waiting.. he doesn't say DAYS but tries to imply it. Here is some data showing that even in 2017 in SA there were long wait times. Hell in 2017, even in South Australia patients had to wait on average 2hours 53 minutes... and thats the first world, soooooo mate.. calm down there champ. Its not a war-zone.
- "We saw what the DELTA strain did in India, bruv"... actually no mate. India is absolutely fine.. the images you saw were contrived, here is case in point (below). India is a land of 1,5BILLION people what do you think the daily death rate is? And now suddenly COVID in India has disappeared.. probably the use of Ivermectin which has no effect this Dr Shirkster says.
- Goes on to fill space with his noise explaining the greek alphabet and virus mutation; but neglects to mention that viruses in all history of virology evolve to. be more infections but less deadly this is the science, but dr shirkster says delta is an "improved" version of alpha.. oh dr thanks for explaining that to me... goes ahead to read from his notes.. 100% more potent.. from yeah ... thats why Europe and the UK is falling over with cases right now with this deadly delta right?.. err.. no dear .. not at all.. not even close..
- oh the vaccinations.. oooooo.. is he aware that vaccinated people make up over 50% of the current delta affected hospitalisations?
- Goes on for a good 15 minutes on how we should get vaxxed to protect his granny and his pet goat.
- And then on a completely unscientific unsourced no data provided non-representative tangent for 10 minutes "don't take the ivermectin, bruv trust me it doesnt work" - despite more than 60 studies saying it does and reports from neighbouring Zimbabwe (which is in an even worse state than SA) - but, "here on the ground in my clinic in Linksfield its a war-zone" roflmao liar liar pants on fire, bruv
- The guy is a shirkster and completely useless as his "off the cuff" unsourced "trust me bruv" style is transparently bad "if it bleed it leads, give me your gold clicks" propaganda . but yeah trust the propagandist I'm sure he's right.
I'll let US Senator Rand Paul say it:
Don’t let the fearmongers win. New public England study of delta variant shows 44 deaths out of 53,822 (.08%) in unvaccinated group. Hmmm.
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) June 29, 2021
South Africas nursing crisis, contributing to transfers and lack of beds (you need nurses for beds mate, no nurses less beds)
"It's not that India is testing less or things are going underreported," says Jishnu Das, a health economist at Georgetown University. "It's been rising, rising — and now suddenly, it's vanished! I mean, hospital ICU utilization has gone down. Every indicator says the numbers are down."